Home » Other » Marketplace » Archiving the Green Way!
Archiving the Green Way! [message #342416] Fri, 22 August 2008 05:09 Go to next message
sophia.catfish
I wanted to share this useful piece of information to all forum users who believe in going the green way in database archiving. Imagine a situation where only one copy of the document, which is sent as an attachment to 5000 employees, is stored. In doing so, we manage to cut the space needed for archiving by 50%. This system of resource conservation is called ‘deduplication’. This was devised by Halamka, Chief Information Officer for CareGroup Health System. How do you think this can be implemented in large organizations waiting to cut overhead costs and reduce db space? Solix.com has solutions for database archiving. Post your thoughts on going green as a reply to this thread.
Re: Archiving the Green Way! [message #345128 is a reply to message #342416] Tue, 02 September 2008 06:44 Go to previous message
AleciaBrent
I agree, IT is also faced with backup and recovery challenges to meet business data management requirements. This has led companies to deploy disk-to-disk backup solutions to improve backup performance and have information online for rapid recovery. With companies now storing months-to-years of backup data online the ability to quickly find and recover files i.e. backup search has become essential for IT staff, legal teams, and end users.
Establishing a data management strategy is a high priority for many companies as they struggle to deal with data growth, storage optimization and data consolidation.
Previous Topic: Best Informatica Institute in Chennai
Next Topic: ORACLE HRMS TRAINING
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 09:59:36 CDT 2024