Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Restrict user access to database
Restrict user access to database [message #373670] Tue, 01 May 2001 08:29 Go to next message
vijaya
I am building an Oracle 8i database for a client. The client requirement is that the users of the database, have access to the database only thru the application interface. So I have to deny them access thru SQL*PLUS. The user machines will have a local database which they will be switched to when there is a network failure. Otherwise they will always be conducting their transactions against the main database on the network.
I have been looking at the PRODUCT_USER_PROFILE table for achieving this, but that will work only for the local database. I am sure some of you have had to do this in the past. Can you tell me how I can do this and also if there are any scripts that I can use. Any suggestions, advice appreciated
Thanks
Vijaya
Re: Restrict user access to database [message #373678 is a reply to message #373670] Tue, 01 May 2001 12:20 Go to previous message
Lee
Look into system triggers, there are triggers that deal with loging and pre-loging and you can check to see if a user is loged in from the app or from sql*plus.
Previous Topic: Forcing an index in a query
Next Topic: Re: how to save an image into a table ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 17:18:56 CDT 2024