Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » retrieving dropped tables...
retrieving dropped tables... [message #375001] Wed, 18 July 2001 03:25 Go to next message
Martin Davies
oh dear...It would seem a little bit of knowledge truly is a dangerous thing...following what I learnt from my previous posting (see below in the index) I have managed to drop every table I have - which would appear to be rather more than I wanted to drop...I have not committed this command as yet and would like to know if I can 'undo' this last command and thus restore my tables and their contents...

feel free to make 'you donut' type noises!! : )

Martin 'doubt I'll ever be a DBA' Davies
Re: retrieving dropped tables... [message #375004 is a reply to message #375001] Wed, 18 July 2001 08:12 Go to previous message
Cindy
Only DML statement (update, insert, and delete) allows you to rollback or commit, therefore you can always rollback if it is not what you want to do. DDL statement (create, alter, drop, etc), an automatic commit take place when this statement is executed. Therefore, I'm sorry to say your tables are gone. The only way you can retrieve those tables, is from backup tape or other online recovery methods (depending on how you backup or archive methods). If there is no backup, then you need to create those tables again…as for the data it maybe harder to retrieve. Here is a site on backup and recovery:

http://hojohn.photo.net/ora816/server.816/a76993/toc.htm

Good luck!
Previous Topic: How convert varchar2 to RAW in PL/SQL
Next Topic: more quizzes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 07 16:08:35 CDT 2024