Home » RDBMS Server » Security » How to grant execute privileges for some procedures and not to grant to some other procedures of the
How to grant execute privileges for some procedures and not to grant to some other procedures of the [message #39938] Mon, 26 August 2002 13:32 Go to next message
Swamy
I created a package with two procedures in spec and three procedures in body. I created a public synonym for this package and granted EXECUTE privilege to a user, thinking that the user can’t use the third procedure. But, even I can’t able to execute the third one. Please tell me the way that I can able to execute a procedure in a package but not by others for that particular procedure. I want the remaining procedures of that package to be executed by others. Thanks for the advise.
Re: How to grant execute privileges for some procedures and not to grant to some other procedures of [message #39939 is a reply to message #39938] Mon, 26 August 2002 13:48 Go to previous message
andrew again
As you've duscovered, you can only control access at top levels (i.e. package and not function or proc in the package). you need to wrap that package with another one which exposes only what you want and then grant execute on that one to your user. If there is only one proc you want to provide access to then I'd just make the wrapper a procedure - not a package. It's quite OK to have a standalone proc to do that.
Previous Topic: Trigger code for audit columns
Next Topic: Error in pl/sql and encryption
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:14:27 CDT 2024