Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Role problem !! Help.
Role problem !! Help. [message #42746] Tue, 06 May 2003 01:20 Go to next message
Robin
Experts,
Suppose user AA have DBA privilegs. User AA created role named 'Operator' with select,update,insert,create session privilegesv on a table 'invoice_m' and without password.
Then role 'Operator' is granted to new user BB. Form for data entry is ceated by form wizard (Developer 2000). In Save button only code is 'COMMIT'. When connecting as user AA form is working well, but when connecting as BB and pressing Save button, Error message 'ORA-04043: object INVOICE_M does not exist'.

Pls give me a solusion.

Thanks in advance.
Robin
Re: Role problem !! Help. [message #42747 is a reply to message #42746] Tue, 06 May 2003 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Boehmer
A couple of possibilities come to mind:

Either you need to preface the table name with the schema name: aa.invoice_m

Or, you need to grant the select, update, and insert privileges directly, rather than through a role.

I am leaning toward the first possibility, since it does seem to be looking for the object in the wrong schema.
Re: Role problem !! Help. [message #42759 is a reply to message #42747] Wed, 07 May 2003 00:47 Go to previous message
Robin
hi Barbara Boehmer,
thanks for helping me. Actually, If I can write command like 'Insert into aa.InvoicE_m (inv_id,Entry_dt) values (1,sysdate)' Its working fine. But, u know, when a form is developed by wizard of Developer2000 one 'Commit' command autometically generate Insert command where I can not add like aa.invoice..... Is there any way to do this ?

Thanks
Robin
Previous Topic: Cannot GRANT WRITE ON DIRECTORY EXTRACT_DIR TO
Next Topic: Re.How to revoke privileges for certain objects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:01:03 CDT 2024