Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Business Intelligence » how to call Oracle BI Reports from forms (forms 10g, database 10g, BI Enterprise Edition 10.1.3.4, Windows)
how to call Oracle BI Reports from forms [message #457171] Fri, 21 May 2010 08:04 Go to next message
sreejithmenon
Hi all,

I'm new to oracle BI, just started probing in to it and studying, please forgive my ignorance. I have installed BI Enterprise Edition 10.1.3.4, made microsoft word templates (rtf files), and viewed report in BI Publisher. Now I want to run these reports from forms. I couldn't find any supporting documents for this. Please help me in this regard. If anyone have a step by step screen-shot document or a useful link, that will be a great help for me.

I'm using forms and database of 10g version

thanking you

sreejith

Re: how to call Oracle BI Reports from forms [message #571608 is a reply to message #457171] Wed, 28 November 2012 01:28 Go to previous message
malikshahjahan2012
Use Reports 11g which run on Weblogic Server.

BI Publisher reports are for strategic management level and display a consolidation of organization's data. Management only want to see progress of a company.

Oracle Reports 11g are for the operational management. Day to day transactions are dealt in Reports which take parameters as well. So u may invoke from a Form app.

I hop it helps.
Previous Topic: First steps
Next Topic: BI PUBLISHER
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:24:46 CDT 2024