Home » Infrastructure » Linux » Using Wine in Linux to run Developer 10g Forms/Reports (Linux, Dev. 10g Rel.2)
Using Wine in Linux to run Developer 10g Forms/Reports [message #508049] Thu, 19 May 2011 03:36 Go to next message
oralover2006
hi all,

i want to know about Wine ( from WineHQ ), can i use it to run smoothly Developer 10g Rel.2 products like Forms / Reports... ?

if yes, can somebody brief me how to use it to run those products.

thanks in advance to all friends for their help.
Re: Using Wine in Linux to run Developer 10g Forms/Reports [message #508081 is a reply to message #508049] Thu, 19 May 2011 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Yes. Oracle DS works in wine (tested in Debian/Ubuntu). Which distro are you using?
Just google. There are too many guides.
Re: Using Wine in Linux to run Developer 10g Forms/Reports [message #508082 is a reply to message #508081] Thu, 19 May 2011 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oralover2006
Mahesh Rajendran wrote on Thu, 19 May 2011 16:39
Yes. Oracle DS works in wine (tested in Debian/Ubuntu). Which distro are you using?
Just google. There are too many guides.

thanks for an early reply.
i am still confuse about Distro, there are many, but thinking about to have Ubuntu or OpenSUSE.
is there any recommendation from experts??

regards.

Re: Using Wine in Linux to run Developer 10g Forms/Reports [message #508085 is a reply to message #508082] Thu, 19 May 2011 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
For production level support, I would check the compatibility matrix.
Re: Using Wine in Linux to run Developer 10g Forms/Reports [message #508089 is a reply to message #508085] Thu, 19 May 2011 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I may be wrong, but: that is, since My Oracle Support was introduced, no longer a "public" information. One has to have an account on My Oracle Support in order to view Certification matrices. But, if you are in a process of deciding which operating system to use with which Oracle software (i.e. you didn't purchase Oracle yet), you don't have an account and you can't see the matrices. Kind of stupid, eh?
Re: Using Wine in Linux to run Developer 10g Forms/Reports [message #508091 is a reply to message #508089] Thu, 19 May 2011 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oralover2006
Littlefoot wrote on Thu, 19 May 2011 17:17
I may be wrong, but: that is, since My Oracle Support was introduced, no longer a "public" information. One has to have an account on My Oracle Support in order to view Certification matrices. But, if you are in a process of deciding which operating system to use with which Oracle software (i.e. you didn't purchase Oracle yet), you don't have an account and you can't see the matrices. Kind of stupid, eh?

i didn't realize that a Senior Member & Account Moderator can use words like stupid here.
we are using Licensed Products from Oracle Corp. and all are on Windows platform. My job is to make User Interfaces. Due to increasing rate of threats ( Virus/Worms etc. ) i am going to change operating system, preferably Linux and as i knew its very difficult to install Oracle Developer Suite 10g on this platform i am trying to have a shortcut ( don't want to be involved in searching required liberaries etc. )

thanks.

Re: Using Wine in Linux to run Developer 10g Forms/Reports [message #508092 is a reply to message #508089] Thu, 19 May 2011 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Documentation still carries some information and I totally agree it is not an "easy" task.
For example, oracle AS and its components.
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/ias/downloads/as-certification-r2-101202-095871.html
Re: Using Wine in Linux to run Developer 10g Forms/Reports [message #508093 is a reply to message #508091] Thu, 19 May 2011 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>>i didn't realize that a Senior Member & Account Moderator can use words like stupid here.
Nothing wrong in this context.
Littlefoot is blaming the oracle documentation. Not you.

>>don't want to be involved in searching required liberaries etc.
You will be disappointed.
Re: Using Wine in Linux to run Developer 10g Forms/Reports [message #508095 is a reply to message #508093] Thu, 19 May 2011 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oralover2006
Mahesh Rajendran wrote on Thu, 19 May 2011 17:52
>>i didn't realize that a Senior Member & Account Moderator can use words like stupid here.
Nothing wrong in this context.
Littlefoot is blaming the oracle documentation. Not you.

>>don't want to be involved in searching required liberaries etc.
You will be disappointed.

thanks Makesh Bajendran, sorry for my wrong understanding.

as i said, even if i will be disappointed, i will try Wine first, if its possible and easy to handle.

thanks.
Re: Using Wine in Linux to run Developer 10g Forms/Reports [message #508096 is a reply to message #508093] Thu, 19 May 2011 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As I said: prior to My Oracle Support, Certification matrices were available to everyone; my grandmother could view them, if she wanted (and she certainly didn't purchase Oracle). I think that it is a shame that such kind of information is now considered to be "privileged".

"Stupid" is the magic circle you're in if you want to check the matrices:
- you want to buy Oracle
- you would, first, like to check the matrices
- you need to have an account
- you can't have the account if you didn't pay for it
- you didn't pay because you didn't buy Oracle (yet)
- you didn't buy it because you'd first want to check the matrices
- and here you go, round and round.

That's stupid.

Doesn't have anything to do with you.
Re: Using Wine in Linux to run Developer 10g Forms/Reports [message #508097 is a reply to message #508096] Thu, 19 May 2011 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oralover2006
Littlefoot wrote on Thu, 19 May 2011 18:00
As I said: prior to My Oracle Support, Certification matrices were available to everyone; my grandmother could view them, if she wanted (and she certainly didn't purchase Oracle). I think that it is a shame that such kind of information is now considered to be "privileged".

"Stupid" is the magic circle you're in if you want to check the matrices:
- you want to buy Oracle
- you would, first, like to check the matrices
- you need to have an account
- you can't have the account if you didn't pay for it
- you didn't pay because you didn't buy Oracle (yet)
- you didn't buy it because you'd first want to check the matrices
- and here you go, round and round.

That's stupid.

Doesn't have anything to do with you.

sorry dear, as i mentioned in my above post, i misunderstood your sentence. i realize and have headache searching material related to Installation of Developer Suite on Linux. much things are really confusing.

pardon me please.
Re: Using Wine in Linux to run Developer 10g Forms/Reports [message #525137 is a reply to message #508049] Thu, 29 September 2011 07:24 Go to previous message
rijo
Hello

Sir, did you really succeeded in running oracle forms and reports in Linux?

Actually I am migrating my oracle forms and reports 8i which was created in a windows environment(32bit) to oracle 11g in Linux 64bit. I have installed linux 5.6 64bit then i installed the weblogic server 10.3 and my query is whether i can run the fmx successfully in Linux through WineHq or not.

I have done a migration last year but at that time it was on the same platform and also(32bit to 32bit) only.

There i faced certain issues like upgrading some DLL's and all. Then the normal upgradation of obsolete items that were in my source code.

So will there be any problem in migrating of oracle forms&reports from 32bit windows to 64 bit linux through wine. Also I f there is any problem. What are they and how can i resolve those?

Thanks & Regards

Rijo
Previous Topic: Trying to sort out uniq tables from Gather stat job trace
Next Topic: Oracle garbage files in RH Linux on Hyper-V not on Xen
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:52:07 CDT 2024