Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » ORA-00020 maximum number of processes (150) exceeded
ORA-00020 maximum number of processes (150) exceeded [message #50051] Mon, 25 February 2002 22:08 Go to next message
Matthias Müller
Hello!

Since yesterday we have a serious problem with our database. Every time time when we start our webserver (apache) the number of processes to the database increases within some minutes till it reaches the maximum. But there are not more than 1,2 users on the side at this time. So why are these processes starting?
As a result of this error our webservers crashes every time.
Please, if somebody knowes about this problem respond me as soon as possible.

Thank you.
Re: ORA-00020 maximum number of processes (150) exceeded [message #50055 is a reply to message #50051] Tue, 26 February 2002 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manu Gupta
Dear Matthias,

You may try again by increasing the number of processes in instance file.

There is one more posibility that in your webserver programmers may have used connection pooling. It is the pool in which few connections are created with database. As soon as a new user connect to the site it checks whether there is any free connection or not if yes then it allows user to access site else keep him on hold or may reject his request.
Re: ORA-00020 maximum number of processes (150) exceeded [message #59094 is a reply to message #50055] Tue, 28 October 2003 06:25 Go to previous message
Anupam Vishnoi
Hi,
I always face the the problem of maximum number of processses(150) exceeds when i try to access record from database throw my the application.I've used the connections with the database in my application but i've closed all the connections, resultsets and also statments properly.
But this problem is not solved.
Please tell me the the solution of this problem if anybody knows.
I'm using Oracle 8i back-end with java servlets as front-end.

thanks & regds.
Anupam
Previous Topic: Displaying Column constraints
Next Topic: Check Database availability
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:28:26 CDT 2024