Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Oracle 8i Certification
Oracle 8i Certification [message #50685] Mon, 01 April 2002 18:40 Go to next message
Irfan Hashim
Since Oracle8 certification has expired hence I've got no other choice except to pursue Oracle 8i certification. Please note I have already passed the SQL/PL paper and presently preparing to take the 2nd paper ie Oracle8i Architecture and Administration in coming days.

The problem with me is that I live in Pakistan and there are no manuals of Oracle 8i certifications available here (all 4 papers) that have been
printed by Oracle Press. Although OCP Study Guide published by Sybex is available in the market but I am afraid whether this book has everything I need to pass the Oracle 8i Architecture and Administration Exam.

My friends have suggested me to study both from Oracle8 DBA book and 8i New Feature manuals and go ahead and take the exam of Oracle 8i Architecture and
Administration. They say by doing this I would be having sufficient knowledge of both Oracle8 and 8i products and would easily pass the exam.

Now at this point I am totally confused what to do. Could you please guide me from where to study to pass the 8i Architecture and Administration exam.
I have got the following two options:

(1) to study from OCP Study Guide printed by Sybex Publishers (this book contains material of both Architecture and Backup & Recovery) or
(2) to study from both Oracle8 DBA book and 8i New Features for Administrators

I need your help which way shall I go.

Thanking you in advance

IRfan
Re: Oracle 8i Certification [message #50689 is a reply to message #50685] Mon, 01 April 2002 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sonali v
hi
can u tell me the bk to refer for the first
exam of ocp ie for the pl/sql.
thanks in advance
from
sonali
Re: Oracle 8i Certification [message #50714 is a reply to message #50685] Wed, 03 April 2002 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sanjay Bajracharya
The thing about OCP is that it is best to give the exam with the class note (ILT), if it is available.

If else, a good book is good enough, but I do not know which one is the best. Experience counts a lot.
Re: Oracle 8i Materials [message #51388 is a reply to message #50685] Mon, 20 May 2002 15:24 Go to previous message
damian
Since I live in the USA, I can get you all maerials you need for Oracle 8i as well as any other things you need.
No mark up price warehouse cost to you.
Previous Topic: Couldn't find the "Oracle Management Server" from control panel
Next Topic: SCN Mistery
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 13 00:22:26 CDT 2024