Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » lsnrctl problem on HP-Unix platform
lsnrctl problem on HP-Unix platform [message #51280] Sun, 12 May 2002 18:15 Go to next message
Anil
Hello There!!

I am having two database on the same server. When I issue the command "lsnrctl start", one database is pointing the system parameter file to /etc/listener.ora and another database is pointing to $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/listener.ora. I am not understanding why they are pointing different places. One small doubt what I have is the database which is pointing the listener.ora which in the $ORACLE_HOME is 7.3.4version and the one which is pointing /etc/listener.ora is 8.0.6 version. Is it because of this reason??? Or Otherwise what could be the problem and how to make the system point to $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/listener.ora file????? Where to mention that??? Please reply me as early as possible!!

Thanking You,
Anil.
Re: lsnrctl problem on HP-Unix platform [message #51289 is a reply to message #51280] Mon, 13 May 2002 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dave777
hi Anil,

In your .profile for oracle user enter following line
TNS_ADMIN=$ORACLE_HOME/network/admin; export TNS_ADMIN

That should do the trick.

dave777
Re: lsnrctl problem on HP-Unix platform [message #51323 is a reply to message #51280] Wed, 15 May 2002 10:38 Go to previous message
Anil
Hi Dave,

Thanx a lot for the reply. It really did a trick..!

Thanx again,
Anil.
Previous Topic: Re: Redo Logs
Next Topic: Re: Redo Logs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 13 00:23:16 CDT 2024