Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Client Connection Problem (Urgent)
Client Connection Problem (Urgent) [message #51368] Sat, 18 May 2002 00:09 Go to next message
Jamal
I have LAN in my office of windows2000 server and windows2000 Pro.My server is DHCP enabled.I have installed the Oracle Enterprise Edition 8.1.5 and client on win2000Pro.I tried to configure Net8 but it did not work and showing an error message when starting SQL+ from client,supplying username,password and in hoststring my global DB name.The message is "ORA-12145 TNS:could not resolve service name".But when it is working fine with JavaDeveloper,It is connecting as well as SQL+ is working too.
WHAT IS HOST STRING?
Can any one help me?It is very urgent.
Re: Client Connection Problem (Urgent) [message #51377 is a reply to message #51368] Sun, 19 May 2002 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
coby
May be you've type in a wrong host name. The host name field in sqlplus is the same as the name you've specified in you sqlnet 8 configuration, for connecting to your oracle db.

Hope that helps
coby
Re: Client Connection Problem (Urgent) [message #51383 is a reply to message #51368] Mon, 20 May 2002 07:44 Go to previous message
Grant
The host string is the tns entry. Look in your tnsnames.ora file in ORACLE_HOME/network/admin. From the client you should be able to do a "tnsping tnsentry". For example if you have a PROD entry you would do "tnsping PROD". If you have intsalled forms on the client you will have two ORACLE_HOMES. Look in your registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ORACLE and look in each HOME# for TNS_ADMIN. This defines where your sqlnet files reside.
Previous Topic: Cloning the database
Next Topic: dbms_sql package
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 13 00:21:59 CDT 2024