Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » imp
imp [message #51515] Tue, 28 May 2002 01:56 Go to next message
Shrikanth
when i try to create a non system rollback segment it is giving me this error. can any one help in rectifying this problem..

ORA-30019: Illegal rollback Segment operation in Automatic Undo mode
Re: imp [message #52185 is a reply to message #51515] Mon, 08 July 2002 03:55 Go to previous message
Manish Bharucha
Oracle9i databases are capable of managing their own undo (rollback) segments. No longer will administrators need to carefully plan and tune the number and sizes of rollback segments or decide how to strategically assign transactions to a particular rollback segment. Oracle9i also allows administrators to allocate their undo space in a single undo tablespace with the database taking care of issues such as undo block contention, consistent read retention, and space utilization.

*************try this ----->

UNDO_SUPPRESS_ERRORS
Parameter type Boolean

Default value false

Parameter class Dynamic: ALTER SESSION, ALTER SYSTEM

Range of values true | false

UNDO_SUPPRESS_ERRORS enables users to suppress errors while executing manual undo management mode operations (for example, ALTER ROLLBACK SEGMENT ONLINE) in automatic undo management mode. Setting this parameter enables users to use the undo tablespace feature before all application programs and scripts are converted to automatic undo management mode. For example, if you have a tool that uses SET TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK SEGMENT statement, you can add the statement "ALTER SESSION SET UNDO_SUPPRESS_ERRORS = true" to the tool to suppress the ORA-30019 error.

If you want to run in automatic undo management mode, ensure that your tools or applications are updated to run in automatic undo management mode.
Previous Topic: Re: mismatch in redo log files and database is not open
Next Topic: Storing Special characters in the Database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 20:25:32 CDT 2024