Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » How can I modify to default parameter
How can I modify to default parameter [message #51767] Wed, 12 June 2002 17:05 Go to next message
Debuger
Hi,
everyone, now I need to create a new DB on machine, but someone require the default parameter must be changed to optimal, how can I do that?

Thanks
Re: How can I modify to default parameter [message #51770 is a reply to message #51767] Wed, 12 June 2002 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
which default parameter you are speaking about?
anyhow, when u use dbca or manually using initsid.ora, you can change any initsid.ora
Re: How can I modify to default parameter [message #51772 is a reply to message #51767] Wed, 12 June 2002 18:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Debuger
oh, thanks, like the SYSTEM tablespace size, temp size
and the rollback segment size, pls help me
Re: How can I modify to default parameter [message #51774 is a reply to message #51772] Wed, 12 June 2002 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vikas Gupta
The default parameter can be modified by changing values in the initSid.Ora parameter file.

You should know the implications of changing the parameters, before doing so. And I don't think there
are any fixed optimal parameters. They will be different for different database.

However to start off.. Oracle has provided hints in important parameter settings, in the initSid.ora file itself. You can choose the database size and comment/uncomment the parameters based on it.

Run performance querries on your database and then change the parameters as required.
Re: How can I modify to default parameter [message #51814 is a reply to message #51767] Fri, 14 June 2002 11:54 Go to previous message
Grant
You have to read the manual. There is too much information to post it to you here. I would suggest you use the Database Assistant and have it write to scripts (to create it later) and review the scripts along with the manual on the settings in the initSID.ora file.
Previous Topic: crash
Next Topic: Roles??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 20:29:16 CDT 2024