Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » peculiar problems in installation
peculiar problems in installation [message #51802] Thu, 13 June 2002 21:52 Go to next message
Ashutosh Dogra
I installed oracle 8 on my machine.then after i got copy of 8i so i tried to install 8 but it did not get uninstalled cleanly and left services as it is in the services panel, i could not delete those services and disabled them.
i installed 8i but that added up to a list of services.
now my 8i gave problems i unistalled it but again it left services in services panel.

now i am not able to install oracle 8i agaginas it detects the old services and say they are present though i have disabled them.
is there any way to delet these services or some other work around.

also it is detecting the old oracle home which i have already deleted...

please help me reagrding this
Re: peculiar problems in installation [message #51803 is a reply to message #51802] Fri, 14 June 2002 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sanjay Bajracharya
Hate to tell you, but you better clean up the registry before trying to install 8i again. To be in the safe side, back up the registry.

If you are not comfortable cleaning the registry, see if anyone around you knows how to do it.

Good luck.
Re: peculiar problems in installation [message #51810 is a reply to message #51802] Fri, 14 June 2002 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sai sreenivas jeedigunta
hi,
first say find files with name oracle delete all of them. next open REGEDIT... and find all keys on ORACLE and delete all of them... and then restart the machine .
after that start the installation (better select another directory as oracle home..dont take default home what it gives u...)
problem will be solved...
Re: peculiar problems in installation [message #51835 is a reply to message #51810] Sun, 16 June 2002 20:22 Go to previous message
Ashutosh Dogra
actullay pin pointing to exact problem now when i tried to insatll 8i again it detected the listener service which was left by the old installation and it did not install it giving a message that Listener service already exists.
evevn though i change the home to some another the listener service still points to the old path though i have deletd all the keys form registery and the folder also.
now the problem is how to delete the old services.
i tried disabling it but still the installation detects it...
Previous Topic: ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended
Next Topic: tablespace, rollback segment error help me!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 20:29:36 CDT 2024