Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Question on database instance creation?
Question on database instance creation? [message #51848] Mon, 17 June 2002 12:54 Go to next message
Simon Ai
Hi,

A question on database instance creation? Now I have two applications and each has over 30GB data. For this kind of situation, which choice below is better interms of execution performance and management:

1) create two database instances (i.e., SID orcl1 and orcl2). Then each application occupies one database instances.

2) just one database instance. And each application has its own tables created inside.

Thank you very much.
Simon
Re: Question on database instance creation? [message #51851 is a reply to message #51848] Mon, 17 June 2002 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.SREENIVASAN
hi,

if you are having the two application in same database,
then
then size of database 60gb.

then the sga of the database should be 1 to 2 percent of the whole datbase.if it is 2 percentage,sga size should be 1200mb(1.2gb).if it is one,then 600mb.
if the sga size is more than your physical memory,then swapping will be done which will reduce the performance.

if you are having two database,
for each database,
if the database size is 30gb then the sga of the database should be 1 to 2 percent of the whole datbase.if it is 2 percentage,sga size should be 600mb
if is one,then sga size is 300mb.

god only save you.

just joke.

now i am moving.please contact me through my email

ksreenivas_an@yahoo.com

k.sreenivasan
TUNNING YOUR DATABASE [message #51855 is a reply to message #51848] Tue, 18 June 2002 02:28 Go to previous message
K.SREENIVASAN
HAI,

IS YOUR DATABASE IS OLTP OR DSS.

K.SREENIVASAN
Previous Topic: internal password
Next Topic: Anyone has taken all exams for certification
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 20:28:18 CDT 2024