Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Standby database implemenation
Standby database implemenation [message #51919] Fri, 21 June 2002 05:24 Go to next message
oraboy
Hi gurus,

How much time typically will take to implement a standby database in windows environment. Implementation means including testing...

Thanks in advance
Re: Standby database implemenation [message #51927 is a reply to message #51919] Fri, 21 June 2002 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.SREENIVASAN
SIR,

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND .PLEASE GIVE FULL DETAILS.BUT IMPLEMENTING THE STANDBY DATABASE WILL NOT TAKE A MUCH TIME.

K.SREENIVASAN
Re: Standby database implemenation [message #51931 is a reply to message #51927] Fri, 21 June 2002 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oraboy
Already the primary database is in place, we are planning to put the standby database in place. The intention is to reduce the down time. I guess there's a procedure to implement the standby database in a remote host. Before imlementing it, I am thinking to come up with a plan and proper documentation to accomplish this task. before coming up with the estimation I was curious if some body has already done this, in which case they will have exact idea as to howmuch time it might take to accomplish this

any input on this is extremely appreciated.
Re: Standby database implemenation [message #51971 is a reply to message #51927] Mon, 24 June 2002 08:37 Go to previous message
ecpdba
Standby database in 8.1.7 or higher is easy.
Steps (from memory)
Configure primary init.ora
Configure standby init.ora
create standby controlfiles
Shutdown primary and copy all Oracle files to standby host. (Rename if neccessary).
Startup primary database.
Startup standby database.
Start managed recovery on standby database.
Switch log file a couple of times on primary and make sure that the standby is applying them.
Don't forget to clean up the log files that are applied to the standby!

Hth.
Previous Topic: MOUNT DATABASE
Next Topic: Which transaction is using which ROLLBACK SEGMENT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 20:23:45 CDT 2024