Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Creation of database
Creation of database [message #51921] Fri, 21 June 2002 06:34 Go to next message
Vinod Nauriyal
Can anybody help me

1)In one oracle server it is posssible to have two database
but you can access one at a time .am i right ?

2)I have my taken a cold backup(datafiles,redologfiles,sontrolfiles,init.ora files) from database server
now useing that backup i want to create a database in another server how i will do that ?
if possible please send me the script?

Cheers
Vinod nauriyal
Re: Creation of database [message #51926 is a reply to message #51921] Fri, 21 June 2002 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.SREENIVASAN
1.YOU CAN HAVE TWO DATABASE IN THE SAME MACHINE.

BUT YOUR DATABASE SID & ORACLE DATABASE NAME SHOULD BE UNIQUE FOR EACH DATABASE.

YOU CAN ACCESS THE TWO DATABASE AT THE SAME TIME BY CONFIGURING THE LISTENER AND TNSNAMES.ORA FILES.

2.INSTALL THE ORACLE IN THE NEW MACHINE WITH SAME SID AND SAME DATABASE NAME AND SAME PATH
(IF THE ORACLE PATH IN HTE FIRST MACHINE IS C:ORACLE THEN IN THE SECONE MACHINE ALSO THE SAME C:ORACLE)

STOP THE DATABASE.

THEN COPY AND PASTE ALL THE FILES((PARAMETER FILE(INIT.ORA),CONTROL FILE,REDO LOG FILE,DATAFILES)
IN THE CURRENT ORACLE PATH.(REPLACE ALL THE FILES)
FOR EXAMPLE (C:ORALEDATABASE DIRECTORY)

THEN START THE DATABASE.

K.SREENIVASAN
Re: Creation of database [message #51932 is a reply to message #51921] Fri, 21 June 2002 14:53 Go to previous message
Trifon Anguelov
1. Yes, You are right. BTW you can have as many as their total combine SGA's fit into your RAM limit.

2. This process is still not being automated through scripts, but the detailed step-by-step procedure is explained Here

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our web site [url=http://www.dbaclick.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi]Click Here

Previous Topic: ORA-12560 TNS: Protocal adapter error.
Next Topic: what is the NOLOGGING effect on Table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 20:21:27 CDT 2024