Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Problem Installing Oracle
Problem Installing Oracle [message #52010] Wed, 26 June 2002 08:05 Go to next message
Husmukh Kumar
Hi ,
When I try to install Oracle 8i on a Win Nt machine after a certain point of time the installation stops .
This happens when Oracle is installing the OLE DB Drivers and the file being copied is refcur.vbp . I have tried several times but the it hangs at the same place in every installation . Could u help me out with the problem ?

Thanks in advance ,
Kumar
Re: Problem Installing Oracle [message #52018 is a reply to message #52010] Wed, 26 June 2002 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trifon Anguelov
Do you have any other Oracle homes on the same machine, or are you using the same Oracle home as already existing one?

Do you have enough disk space on your file system?

Which 8i are you trying to install?

Do you have Pentium IV machine? If so there are some problems and workarounds described Here

Post more information..

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our web site [url=http://www.dbaclick.com]Click Here

Re: Problem Installing Oracle [message #52036 is a reply to message #52010] Thu, 27 June 2002 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Husmukh Kumar
There were oracle homes earlier but I had removed from registry and then started the installation
Yes there is enough free space and this is not a P4 machine .
I tried installation with same cd on a win nt worksation it worked but on a winnt server I am getting this problem .
The installtion hangs when oracle is trying to install OLE Db drivers . file at which installtion hangs is refcur.vbp
Re: Problem Installing Oracle [message #54658 is a reply to message #52010] Tue, 26 November 2002 04:30 Go to previous message
Mr.Anderson
This might help you...
Greetings Mr.Anderson

Source from METALINK
Doc ID: Note:151469.1
Subject: WIN: 8.1.6 Server installation hangs on REFCUR.VBP file on NT
Type: PROBLEM
Content Type: TEXT/PLAIN
Creation Date: 05-JUL-2001
Last Revision Date: 25-APR-2002

Problem Description ------------------- While installing Oracle Server 8.1.6 on Windows NT, the installation hangs on RefCur.vbp file. This file is located in Oracle_baseOracle_homeoledbsamples directory Solution Description -------------------- The following is the workaround that should resolve this problem: A) Install using the Custom Install type, select all products you wish to install, making sure you deselect ODBC and Oracle Provider for OLE DB. This should allow you to successfully complete the installation. If you wish to install ODBC and/or Oracle Provider for OLE DB, please follow item B. B) Install using the Custom install type. Select for installation the problem components, ODBC and/or Oracle Provider for OLE DB, only. De-select all other components. In some cases, you must clean up the Oracle DSN or else the error will continue to occur. Instructions: Start the ODBC administrator applet, if installed, and remove any Oracle DSN definitions.
Previous Topic: database open in exclusive mode ?
Next Topic: Install Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:10:40 CDT 2024