Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » catalog.sql ,catproc.sql
catalog.sql ,catproc.sql [message #52059] Mon, 01 July 2002 00:11 Go to next message
monty
Dear Friends ,
I need some suggestions to overcome the problem which i face .By Accident catalog.sql and catproc.sql scripts were run on oracle server which are found in oracle/rdbms/admin folder.This was only due to anxiety for enabling more dbms packages for use.

But unfortunately it has caused very bad result of loosing the basic synonyms.Hence when now user logs into oracle server he gets error no ora-04045 and ora-06508 which describes about dbms_application_info.

Also when select * from tab or select * from dict queries given gets error as synonym translation is no longer valid. whenever a new creation for table or any other object is done it gets error ora-04045 and ora-06508 which describes about error during recompilation/revalidation of sys.cdc_create_ctable_before

I tried using executing the scripts again with sys as sysdba login.But no difference observed.While running the scripts itself it gives same errors for many packages.
Due to this my oracle server is idle and nobody can make any alter,create queries. But fortunately existing tables and records are still viewable by users.
I require very urgent solution for this problem as the work is hold for until the problem is solved.
If there is any solution plz send me the replies on my mailbox.
Thnakx
Monty
Re: catalog.sql ,catproc.sql [message #53441 is a reply to message #52059] Thu, 19 September 2002 18:17 Go to previous message
Anand
I have the exact same problem . Can you please let me know how you solved it.
URGENT PROBLEM...please respond
Thank you
Anand
Previous Topic: Re: Moving from 4 processors to 8 processors Server
Next Topic: Re: Why the session can not be killed?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 14:21:18 CDT 2024