Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Maintain "TNSNAMES.ORA FILE AT SERVER SIDE"
Maintain "TNSNAMES.ORA FILE AT SERVER SIDE" [message #52136] Thu, 04 July 2002 04:16 Go to next message
Nagesh
Hi,

I heard there is a method to integrate tnsnames.ora at the server instead of maintaining each client system. But i don't know how to implement.

My environment is : I have 5 NT boxes and each database is serving not less than 60 clients at any instance. Right now i am configuring the tnsnames.ora file in all clients systems. Recently i came to know that we can maintain a single tnanames.ora file in the server instead of maintaining in each and every client system.

How can I achieve this. Guidence would be really appreciable.

Thanks in advance.

Nagesh.
Re: Maintain "TNSNAMES.ORA FILE AT SERVER SIDE" [message #52152 is a reply to message #52136] Fri, 05 July 2002 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
B
In our environnement we just share the file using the OS
Re: Maintain "TNSNAMES.ORA FILE AT SERVER SIDE" [message #52154 is a reply to message #52152] Fri, 05 July 2002 04:13 Go to previous message
nagesh d babu
Fine. This is the process i want. I am really thankful to you if you explain the stepwise process with syntax.
My environment is NT
Thanx

Nagesh.
Previous Topic: delete oracle core files
Next Topic: INSTALLATION/CONNECTION PROBLEM, WINDOWS 2000
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 20:32:20 CDT 2024