Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » problem in making Replication Server or Mirror Server for Oracle
problem in making Replication Server or Mirror Server for Oracle [message #52166] Fri, 05 July 2002 23:28 Go to next message
shoaib Baloch
Dear Sir!

i have a network of 32- computers using envirenments

Linux , Free BSD ,Windowns 2000 Server

sir i am facing a problem in oracle server that after installation the server downs after 2-5 days

and the data losses ,so i wana have a replication server so that if one server downs the other server respond so quickly that users not been troubled .

plz inform if any chance there ...

Regards!

Shoaib blaoch

Assistant System Administrator
Re: problem in making Replication Server or Mirror Server for Oracle [message #52167 is a reply to message #52166] Sat, 06 July 2002 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
K.SREENIVASAN
SIR,

INSTALL A DATABASE IN A SEPAREATE MACHINE AND DO THE FOLLOWING

1.CREATE THE DATABASE LINK
2.CREATE THE SNAPSHOT LOG PROCESS(IN MASTER DATABASE)
3.CREATE THE SNAPSHOT IN THE BACKUP DATABASE
4.THEN CHANGE THE PARAMETERS IN THE PARAMETER FILE FOR AUTOMATIC SNAPSHOT REFRESH.

THAT'S ALL.

SUGGESTION:

ORACLE IS ONE OF THE ROBUST DATABASE IN THE WORLD.FIRST CONFIGURE THE DATABASE CORRECTLY,THEN YOU HAVE ZERO DATA LOSS.

THANKS.

K.SREENIVASAN
Re: problem in making Replication Server or Mirror Server for Oracle [message #52170 is a reply to message #52166] Sat, 06 July 2002 02:40 Go to previous message
B.SUNIL KUMAR RAO
Hi,

I have also similar problem can please explain how to do the snapshot step.
what are the step for this.
Regards,
Sunil.
Previous Topic: Database Configuration Assistant
Next Topic: REAL EXAMINATION QUESTIONS FOR 310-011,310-012
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 17 20:30:14 CDT 2024