Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Data is commited unexceptably slow, please help
Data is commited unexceptably slow, please help [message #52324] Mon, 15 July 2002 11:49 Go to next message
Michael
Hi! I am having the following problem: when the record is updated, the change is very slow to take place. It is possible to query the database from VB-6 (ADO 2.7) 40 seconds after the change and still see old data. What can I do to speed up the process of writing new data to tables? What should I look for? Where do I start? We are still using Oracle 7.

Any help/insight is highly appreciated.

God bless and thank you in advance,

--Mike
Re: Data is commited unexceptably slow, please help [message #52396 is a reply to message #52324] Thu, 18 July 2002 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
P
Sounds strange.... Once an update is committed any futher transactions should see the change immediatly... so maybe there is a problem with the application you are using.
Have you verified the results with sqlplus? say run the same query through your VB and sqlplus at the same time and check out the results..
Re: Data is commited unexceptably slow, please help [message #52417 is a reply to message #52396] Fri, 19 July 2002 12:27 Go to previous message
Michael
Hi! I tried that with the same results. Do you know which process actually writes data into the file?
May be it needs to be reconfigured. I am not that
knowledgble to understand the manuals. Many Thanks
Previous Topic: How to see Archive log message
Next Topic: verify the data after startup the database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 04:19:25 CDT 2024