Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Can you create a default tablespace?
Can you create a default tablespace? [message #52939] Wed, 21 August 2002 05:25 Go to next message
rodger
When you create a user for example:

CREATE USER <name> IDENTIFIED BY <password>;

it creates this user with the default tablespace of SYSTEM. I know I can do:

CREATE USER <name> IDENTIFIED BY <password> DEFAULT TABLESPACE USERS;

but is there a way I can change the default default tablespace so that if a default tablespace is not specified when a user is created it will be USERS instead of SYSTEM?
Re: Can you create a default tablespace? [message #52950 is a reply to message #52939] Wed, 21 August 2002 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sanjay
I don't think so.

Analyze it. SYSTEM tablespace is ALWAYS there. So the default is SYSTEM (including for temp). As far as USERS is concerned, it is created by you and may not be there in all the databases (I have some DB's like that).

How difficult will it be for you to type:

create user -- identified by --
default tablespace USERS
temporary tablespce TEMP
quota unlimited on USERS
quota unlimited on TEMP;
Re: Can you create a default tablespace? [message #52952 is a reply to message #52939] Wed, 21 August 2002 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trifon Anguelov
Not for the default tablespace. That is still Oracle DBA job..

However, in Oracle 9i you can assign default temporary tablepsace, so no more SYSTEM as temporary tablespace. Run that command and you are done:

ALTER TABLESPACE DEFAULT TEMPORARY TABLESPACE tempts2;

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our Web site

Re: Can you create a default tablespace? [message #52957 is a reply to message #52939] Wed, 21 August 2002 12:57 Go to previous message
Grant
ALTER USER SCOTT DEFAULT TABLESPACE USERS;
Previous Topic: What may I do?
Next Topic: Alternate for Global temporary tables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 04:17:23 CDT 2024