Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Any software for testing performane?
Any software for testing performane? [message #53390] Tue, 17 September 2002 08:27 Go to next message
Jadie
Hello:

Does anyone know if there is any performance testing tool/software available for Oracle database, which can perform specified times of database operations (e.g. insert, update, search, and delete) and generates report?

I need the answer urgently. Please reply me if you know something about it. Thanks alot!!! :)

Jadie
Re: Any software for testing performane? [message #53392 is a reply to message #53390] Tue, 17 September 2002 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
use sql trace and process the results through TKPROF. Be sure that TIME_STATISTICS is enabled.

alter session set timed_statistics=true;
alter session set sql_trace=true;
-- do some sql
alter session set sql_trace=true;

Then get the trace file from the udump directory and stick it through tkprof.
Re: Any software for testing performane? [message #53424 is a reply to message #53390] Thu, 19 September 2002 01:07 Go to previous message
puneet
u have the option to use what andrew said other wise if u want any tool then i think u can use TOAD Xpert edition. it have lot many features which help in performance tunning and gathering info.
Previous Topic: Please send me the dumps for Solaris 8 Part I & II
Next Topic: Re: I can not execute completely oracle 7.3 root.sh
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 14:21:06 CDT 2024