Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Err: "products in use" but none are
Err: "products in use" but none are [message #53697] Sun, 06 October 2002 12:40 Go to next message
Kurt King
While installing Discoverer 4.1.37 Desktop in W2K Adv Server SP2 the installer complained: "Stop Oracle Applications" / "Some Oracle products are still in use." In Admin Tools / Services I stopped the "OracleMTSRecovery Service" In the Windows Task Manager, no recognizable Oracle is running except the installer, itself, and NAV is not monitoring.

The questions are:
1. How can I tell what it thinks is running? Some registry keys?
2. How can I tell it nothing is running?

For the record, last year I had several hardware problems, and I was unable to continue using Designer 6.0, and unable to uninstall it, or re-install it - even after re-installing the OS and all my apps several times (no, I didn't re-format my 30GB drive).

Thanks for any help,
- Kurt
Re: Err: "products in use" but none are [message #54605 is a reply to message #53697] Fri, 22 November 2002 17:08 Go to previous message
Trifon Anguelov
Kurt,

You can use Windows utility - Handle to see which files are used by which processes, and also the Filemon

Once you know which Oracle files are used by which process, kill the process or remove the files to stop the process.

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our Web site

Previous Topic: Interpreting trace output of 10046 event
Next Topic: Oracle & D2K installation problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:05:52 CDT 2024