Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Unable to extend temp segment by 5120 in tablespace TS_DATA_FBH_D10
Unable to extend temp segment by 5120 in tablespace TS_DATA_FBH_D10 [message #53910] Wed, 16 October 2002 22:48 Go to next message
Sushma
I am getting this error while creating the table in tablespace TS_DATA_FBH_D10 using Create table .. as select.

The steps followed are
Step 1> Here the partition of fact_table in tablespace ts_data_fbh_d10 is dropped using,
ALTER TABLE fact_table
DROP PARTITION D10;

Step 2> Then the table exch_fact_table is created in same tablespace.
CREATE TABLE exch_fact_table ...
TABLESPACE ts_data_fbh_d10
PCTFREE 5 PCTUSED 40
PARALLEL 1
NOLOGGING
AS SELECT ...
FROM ...
GROUP BY (on 12 columns)

When step 2 is executed, Unable to extend temp segment by 5120 in tablespace TS_DATA_FBH_D10 error occurs.

While in step 2 execution, user_segments was queried. It showed a segment named 515.15369 in TS_DATA_FBH_D10 in user_Segments.
Can anybody tell me what this signifies?

The temporary tablespace TEMP is being used for sorting which was checked thru. v$sort_segments.

I ran step 2 again after this error and it went through without any error. It created the table exch_fact_table successfully without any error.

I would like to know why the error occurs only for the first time.

Regards,
Sushma
Re: Unable to extend temp segment by 5120 in tablespace TS_DATA_FBH_D10 [message #53913 is a reply to message #53910] Thu, 17 October 2002 01:26 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
the second statment consist a group by.
it would have used the temp segment for sorting (depending on the intensity).
for huge sorting operations, Just make sure that u have enough TEMP space...
Previous Topic: reuse redo log about rollback
Next Topic: Oracle Graphic Designer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:09:41 CDT 2024