Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » NLS_LANG Problem
NLS_LANG Problem [message #53934] Fri, 18 October 2002 04:18 Go to next message
Aysenur BOL
Hi to all..

I have charset problem for days,it took so much time to me and still continues to take.

My client machine is W2000 in English,Ihave installed Client 8.1.7. Later I have changed the registry settings in ORACLE,IDx and HOMEX to TURKISH_TURKEY.WE8ISO8859P9 to see the Turkish chars correctly.But this doesn't solve.

I have never lived somthing like this before, because this is the first time with client in English OS.During install Oracle chose the language of OS and the registry settings do not effect the result.

I have Turkish Input locale too.
Any help will be appreciated.
Regards.
Re: NLS_LANG Problem [message #53939 is a reply to message #53934] Fri, 18 October 2002 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trifon Anguelov
What is the character set of the db where the data is stored? Can you see the Turkish data from the db server locally? What is the NLS_LANG?

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our Web site

Re: NLS_LANG Problem [message #53951 is a reply to message #53939] Mon, 21 October 2002 01:39 Go to previous message
Aysenur
The Lang of DB shouldn't be the problem,because we use this server for a long time.Before,I was using a 98 machine(Turkish ver.) and no char problem was seen.

I am nearly to give up.

Thanks.
Previous Topic: Removing reference of datafiles
Next Topic: Connecting Oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:12:55 CDT 2024