Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Oracle 9020 init.ora can't find it help
Oracle 9020 init.ora can't find it help [message #54612] Fri, 22 November 2002 20:21 Go to next message
Lena
Hi there

I have installed Oracle 9i on linux, the database is up and running but I can't find the init.ora for my db. Altough I do see other init's under /product/dbs where my init.DBNAME.ora is suposed to be,
what I see there is initdw.ora, spfileDBNAME.ora which it looks very simmilar to the old original init.ora, can someone please tell me if things have changed on 9i? from the old 7x 8x and 8i?

Thanks
Lena
Re: Oracle 9020 init.ora can't find it help [message #54617 is a reply to message #54612] Sat, 23 November 2002 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Things have been changed indeed. Oracle9i has a spfile (server parameter file) instead of init.ora. You have to convert the spfile to a text file, edit it, and convert this changed text file to a spfile.

Details can be found here: OTN

MHE
Re: Oracle 9020 init.ora can't find it help [message #54622 is a reply to message #54612] Sat, 23 November 2002 13:51 Go to previous message
Trifon Anguelov
You selected to create spfile when created your database. That's why you don't have init.ora file.

No worries. Create one:

SQL>create pfile='path/filename' from spfile='path/filename';

Then restart your database, by using this pfile:

SQL>connect / as sysdba
SQL>startup pfile='path/filename'

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our Web site

Previous Topic: Oracle Forms and Reports bundled with Standard 9i ?
Next Topic: Urgent! Import - basic question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:09:00 CDT 2024