Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » How can I automate to review the "Alert Log" files???
How can I automate to review the "Alert Log" files??? [message #54664] Tue, 26 November 2002 11:52 Go to next message
raman
Hi

How can I automate to review the "Alert Log" files, so that in future I could catch a problem before users caught it?

thankyou
-Raj
Re: How can I automate to review the "Alert Log" files??? [message #54683 is a reply to message #54664] Wed, 27 November 2002 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sai sreenivas jeedigunta
Use a VB kinda front end..use FSO kinda tools and try to Search the file with some "ORA-XXXX" errors and display the msgbox and keep this in the system Startup directory
:)) Sounds great to read is it ?

sai
Re: How can I automate to review the "Alert Log" files??? [message #54687 is a reply to message #54664] Wed, 27 November 2002 14:09 Go to previous message
Trifon Anguelov
I created one Korn Shell script which will monitor Oracle database instance and listener and e-mail (page) Oracle DBA in case of downtime. Also will look into listener.ora and alert.ora files for any errors, rename the file having erros and e-mail (page) Oracle DBA the errors.

Have a look Here

You didn't say which platform you have, so assume UNIX.

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our Web site

Previous Topic: orainst error after installing forms 6i
Next Topic: rbs space
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:11:01 CDT 2024