Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Urgent. Installation error
Urgent. Installation error [message #55302] Thu, 16 January 2003 08:47 Go to next message
Andre Bilodeau
I want to install Oracle 8i(8.1.6 Unixware Version) on OpenUnix 8. I think it's possible. I have changed the runInstaller script to start the installation (for the path to choose the right runInstaller). In the Oracle Universal Installer, i choose the directory where i want to install it. After that, the product list message box start and it stop with then message "There was a problem with the staging arear. Please make sure the specified value for source and destination are valid". I haved check it and it seems OK.

What is the problem ??

Thanks.
Re: Urgent. Installation error [message #55359 is a reply to message #55302] Mon, 20 January 2003 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trifon Anguelov
Andre,

Open the runInstaller script with vi. It's plain shell script. Search for the "There was a problem with the staging arear. Please make sure the specified value for source and destination are valid" message. See what is trying to do before trowing this message.

If you need nelp, post the snipet here. Will help..

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our Web site

Re: Urgent. Installation error [message #59063 is a reply to message #55359] Sun, 26 October 2003 13:38 Go to previous message
Faffo
Dear Trifon,

I had the same problem during installation of 9.2.

I'm still looking for solution!

In the runInstaller script there are not refers to the alert message "There was a problem with the staging area ...".

The other runInstaller is a .exe.

Could you help me please?
Previous Topic: running scripts for multiple instances
Next Topic: error adding datafile
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 08:45:12 CDT 2024