Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Oracle8.1.6 instance does not start automatically(ALTHOUGH IT IS SET TO AUTOSTART) on windowsXP
Oracle8.1.6 instance does not start automatically(ALTHOUGH IT IS SET TO AUTOSTART) on windowsXP [message #55917] Mon, 24 February 2003 08:07 Go to next message
Ertan EYIMAYA
Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I installed Oracle 8.1.6 on Windows XP. OracleService is in AUTOSTART mode.But instance does not start. Every time, I start it by using DBA Studio or SVRMGRL on DOS. I delete the instance and recreate it with the same name first, with different name second but it does not work. In Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services it is set to AUTOSTART. In registry HKLM/SOFTWARE/ORACLE/HOME0/ORA__AUTOSTART IS TRUE. But still it does not start automaticly. I uninstalled it and reinstall Oracle from the beginning but again the same problem. Maybe it is because of Windows XP but it start with SVRMGRL or DBA Studio? In DBA Studio it asks me to place init.ora to C:OracleOra81sysmanifiles directory and it starts..
Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS............
Re: Oracle8.1.6 instance does not start automatically(ALTHOUGH IT IS SET TO AUTOSTART) on windowsXP [message #55933 is a reply to message #55917] Tue, 25 February 2003 07:50 Go to previous message
ctg
try this:

C:Oradim -sid instance_name -pfile C:OracleOra81sysmanifilesparameter_file_name -startmode a
EX:
C:Oradim -sid ORCL -pfile C:OracleOra81sysmanifilesinitORCL.ora -startmode a

Autostart for the service means the service will start automatically when the machine reboots. but if the service does not know the parameter file it should use to start the db, its not going to start it.
Previous Topic: Interpretation of TKPROF output
Next Topic: ORA-03114 not connected to ORACLE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 23:05:12 CDT 2024