Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Verify sec_protocol_error_further_action (11gr2, sunsolaris)
Verify sec_protocol_error_further_action [message #647656] Thu, 04 February 2016 13:11 Go to next message
krish96
Hello DBA Experts,

I need to test this parameter before implementing it on databases .. sec_protocol_error_further_action;

Here's quick notes about this parameter

SEC_PROTOCOL_ERROR_FURTHER_ACTION can be set to the values of CONTINUE (the default), DELAY or DROP.

and we need to test "DROP" option

DROP: the offending session after x bad attempts and forcefully terminates the client connection after integer cumulative bad packets. (for example, a client transaction may be lost).

Example: ALTER SYSTEM SET SEC_PROTOCOL_ERROR_FURTHER_ACTION= "(DROP, 20)" SCOPE=BOTH;

Please let me know how to test this by sending bad packets ..? how to define a bad packet to the server/database.. can you please give me a command or syntax to test this parameter..

Thank you in advance..

Thank you,.
Re: Verify sec_protocol_error_further_action [message #647657 is a reply to message #647656] Thu, 04 February 2016 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
Consider a denial of service attack
Re: Verify sec_protocol_error_further_action [message #647659 is a reply to message #647656] Thu, 04 February 2016 13:45 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Do you know how to send TCP packets?
If no, then forget to test the parameter, either don't use it or trust Oracle which will never tells you which packets are taken into account.

Previous Topic: Oracle 10g - support for SHA-2
Next Topic: Grant ROLE to user takes longer time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:24:38 CDT 2024