Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Oracle web based tool
Oracle web based tool [message #56635] Sun, 13 April 2003 22:50 Go to next message
oracleuser
I am looking for an Oracle web based tool that I use for development, administration, monitoring and tuning.

Oracle user
Re: Oracle web based tool [message #56637 is a reply to message #56635] Sun, 13 April 2003 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dbharsha
We have been looking for a web based tool for a while and we are not really impressed with the existing tools. We came across a new toolset called iDbmanager for Oracle at http://www.dcssp.com which is pretty impressive. We downloaded a trail version and so far it is great, I would recommed you to download the tool and try it.
Re: Oracle web based tool [message #56638 is a reply to message #56635] Mon, 14 April 2003 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rupendra
There are a few web based Oracle database tools out there and most of them are developed to a specific platform or a Web server or a JSP/Servlet engine,
but idbmanager a web based oracle tool developed by dcssp team which serves all the needs for dba's as well as for programmers
Re: Oracle web based tool [message #56652 is a reply to message #56635] Tue, 15 April 2003 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suresh
Last month I came across an interesting tool called iDBManager for OracleDBA's.it's features are very interesting.
you can just go through it(or download trial version) from www.dcssp.com or www.dcsspindia.net
Re: Oracle web based tool [message #56653 is a reply to message #56635] Tue, 15 April 2003 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raja Sekhar
One of my friends told me about iDBManager.I just checked with it's functionality.I am quite satisfied with it.I felt that this product should be developed by most experienced guys in DBA.it provides all the features which any DBA feels that are needed when he is working with oracle server. simply wonderful.
Re: Oracle web based tool [message #56654 is a reply to message #56635] Tue, 15 April 2003 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mallikarjun
I think iDBManager is answer for your question.At present no tool can be compared with it's features.
it seems, it leaves nothing .particulary I felt "checks" is very useful to know how healthy and secure is our database!.Also helpful to check any security violations in our database.
Re: Oracle web based tool [message #56655 is a reply to message #56635] Tue, 15 April 2003 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raghunath
I finally relieved to know about this great product for oracle DBA's.it seems highly structured.thanks to the wonderful work by DCSSP. I think Security module is very organized covering all possible options needed for DBA in a methodological manner.We can control all Database users.(we can grant or revoke Roles, previleges to uses and we can grant table space quotas .we can create database users.and we can assign users to profiles and create,edit,delete profiles)
if u want to know more go to www.dcsspindia.net
Re: Oracle web based tool [message #56657 is a reply to message #56635] Tue, 15 April 2003 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
psmyth
I hope I'm not being rude, but the responses to this request are looking more and more like a rather poor attempt at spam.

Apologies if I'm wrong, but I bet I'm not ;-)

Oh, and there are loads of freebie tools out there that are pretty good ;-)
Re: Oracle web based tool [message #56659 is a reply to message #56657] Tue, 15 April 2003 06:11 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
and all are from the same (masked) IP
Previous Topic: solution to Remote Dba Problems
Next Topic: RDBMS not found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:27:01 CDT 2024