Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Problem with creating NT service
Problem with creating NT service [message #56912] Mon, 05 May 2003 11:08 Go to next message
Trigger
Some days ago my windows crashed, so it couldn't boot up (I had installed Oracle server 8.1.7 on it). Today I reinstalled win2k in new directory and installed Oracle Server 8.1.7. And I have a question: "How I can start up my old database? In other words how can I gain access to my tables, triggers, packages and so on?"

PS: Sorry for my english :)
Re: Problem with creating NT service [message #56916 is a reply to message #56912] Tue, 06 May 2003 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Naveen
Hi,
I hope all your controlfiles, datafiles and pfile are safe and their directory structure(path) remained same.
Use your previous pfile. change instance_name to the new service name which you are going to create. Use "oradim" to create a new serive. use the passowrd which you have given while creating the service and connect to the database. startup mount and check for any errors. If it says datafile 1: not found locate your datafile location and specify the path in alter database rename file "old path" to "new path". aplly logs if necessary. and open the database. I fu need furthur asistance please mail me

Regards...Naveen.
Greate thanks! [message #56917 is a reply to message #56916] Tue, 06 May 2003 02:40 Go to previous message
Trigger
Problem solved!
Previous Topic: How we recover the data after enable the flashback
Next Topic: Insert statements too slow
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:28:03 CDT 2024