Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Problem with open cursors
Problem with open cursors [message #57691] Tue, 01 July 2003 01:45 Go to next message
Nagesh
Please help me...

When I am browsing our applicaion ( Developed in Java technologies/Oracle 8 as backend), I am getting the followig error message.

"Error in Helpdesk:Java SQL exception ORA-00604-error occured at recursive SQL Level1 Ora-01000 : maximum open cursors exceeded"

after tat I can not use the applicaion any more, I need to restart the server again.

When I go to the SQL plues and execute "select * from v$open_cursor", I can see only one open cursor (which is related to the above query only), other than that I could not find any more

and From SQL plus I can execute any SQL statements and get the data.

How can I find the open cursors ?
What could be the problem ?
Please help me
Regards
Nagesgh K
close resultsets in java application [message #57699 is a reply to message #57691] Tue, 01 July 2003 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deepa
Make sure all the
resultsets in the java application
is closed properly.

regards,
Deepa
Re: Problem with open cursors [message #57701 is a reply to message #57691] Tue, 01 July 2003 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DaDuck
U can increase your max_open_cursors in your the init.ora file. Then restart the db.

This could create a new problem at OS level.. resources.

Just try and see what is does.
Re: close resultsets in java application [message #60470 is a reply to message #57699] Mon, 09 February 2004 22:24 Go to previous message
Frederic Esnault
No. PreparedStatement actually holds cursors.
So you must close PreparedStatements. ;-)

Cu,
Fred
Previous Topic: RBS tablespace wierd behaviour
Next Topic: Indexes, what else could be the reason
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:27:45 CDT 2024