Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Accessing a Server from Unix
Accessing a Server from Unix [message #58122] Sat, 02 August 2003 23:20 Go to next message
Raghavendra.K.Balgi
I have installed a Oracle Server on my Windows 2k and confugured it well. I'am able to use the same from my local machine and also from other windows Machines.

But my organisation has a solaris server. I need to find a way to access the windows server from that solaris machine. I tried supply all the necessary details (ip number,port) etc..but it still says that TNS entry not found. When I checked the ORACLE_HOME it pointed to one on the solaris machine..and I guess it tried to access the TNS names.ora from there. I think knowing the address/port/servivename/sid of the server(windows) should be enough to make a database connection..and simply doesnt make sense adding an entry in tnsnsames.ora file on the solaris machine.Please help.
Re: Accessing a Server from Unix [message #58123 is a reply to message #58122] Sun, 03 August 2003 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
from solaris machine you are trying to connect to a windows machine.
right?
then oracle installation in solaris machines ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/tnsnames.ora should have the tns entries to connect to the database in windows machine.

Re: Accessing a Server from Unix [message #58132 is a reply to message #58123] Mon, 04 August 2003 06:52 Go to previous message
Yasuhiro Ikeda
Raghavendra,

You should comment out as follows:

-- sqlnet.ora --
SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NTS)
--

Thanks,
Yasuhiro
Previous Topic: invalid username/password
Next Topic: system error message 4 while exporting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:41:36 CDT 2024