Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Sga size
Sga size [message #59145] Fri, 31 October 2003 08:43 Go to next message
kris
hi if i have to create a database around 2Gb for testing how much size have to allocate sga and shared pool.If i allocate more whether it will afect the performance or if allocate less also.pls help cos
i don'nt have experince as DBA.pls hlp
kris
Re: Sga size [message #59153 is a reply to message #59145] Fri, 31 October 2003 13:35 Go to previous message
Thiru
SGA size is primarily a function of your memory ,processes,performance requirements etc and may not correlate to your database size. You will need to size the SGA in such a fashion that you dont cause processes to be swapped/paged out, that could cause performance degradation.
Its an iterative process and you may not be able to hit the target sga size in your first try.You will need to simulate the work load and observe the performance and adjust the cache sizes(which could be done dynamically from 9i onwards)..but be sure to set the SGA_MAX_SIZE to a value higher than the sum of all caches which will allow you to dynamically increase the individual cache sizes if required without bouncing the instance..

-Thiru
Previous Topic: database restoration time.
Next Topic: autoscheduling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:40:09 CDT 2024