Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » ORA-03113 While I creating view
ORA-03113 While I creating view [message #59209] Tue, 04 November 2003 06:35 Go to next message
_simma_dba
Hi all I hope that someone will help me whit this problem

Here is the situation: I use Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 Database and it works fine except one little thing.When I try to create view in my schema Oracle return error:

ORA-03113: End of file on comunnication channel
I know this error is not because of Net8 or Listener problem, usualy this error returns when some other error ocurs. I searched the internet and I find something about "two-task shadow processes" as possible problem. Can anybody help me with this. Here is the sample of creation script for this view:

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW P2 AS
SELECT SUM(P.COLUMN_1) COLUMN_2, V.COLUMN_3, P.COLUMN_4
FROM VIEW1 P, VIEW2 V
WHERE TO_CHAR(P.COLUMN) = V.COLUMN
GROUP BY V.COLUMN_3,P.COLUMN_4;
Re: ORA-03113 While I creating view [message #59213 is a reply to message #59209] Tue, 04 November 2003 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daljit Singh
Hi,

Well this error doesn't has any direct link with CREATE VIEW command. Try any other command on ur machine if that works then try to create the view and then tell us abt that.

This error usually occurs when there is any prob with ur network in other words when ur client can not contact with the server due any reason.
Re: ORA-03113 While I creating view [message #59227 is a reply to message #59209] Wed, 05 November 2003 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thiru
Does the view View1 or View2 make use of database links?
Can you enable tracing and look at the trace file for more details ?
What happens when you try creating a view that doesnt involve any database link. a simple one like

Create view test_v as select * from dual;

Does this happen with all your 9.2.0.1.0 databases ? Are you trying this locally from the database server ?
Re: ORA-03113 While I creating view [message #59256 is a reply to message #59227] Thu, 06 November 2003 07:47 Go to previous message
_simma_dba
Thanks for interesting in my problem.

Well thats the tables that are imported from production database and they are created from MaterializedView on production database. But on this database they dont use any of database link. Also I have more than 20 views with no problem on creating them, only problem is on this and 3 more views. The other 3 views dont have any dependencies on any database link.
I tried to find some connection beetwen these views but with no result.
Thats my only 9.2.0.1.0 database and I try to create view localy from the server and I have same thing happening here.

Thanks in advance
Previous Topic: Oracle 8i Remanagement (URGENT)
Next Topic: Start Query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:39:38 CDT 2024