Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » need help urgent
need help urgent [message #59787] Mon, 22 December 2003 06:54 Go to next message
sidd
right now i am using sql loader to load data coming in flat file into a table and table is not partitioned. our management is going for partitioning. that means do i need to modify my sql loader scripts to use the correct partition ? what do they mean when they "we are doing buy partition software " ? experts help wanted. thanks in advance.
Re: need help urgent [message #59790 is a reply to message #59787] Mon, 22 December 2003 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depa
The scripts need not to be modified.

The data will automatically be loaded into the appropriate partition based on the partition key value.
Re: need help urgent [message #59842 is a reply to message #59787] Mon, 29 December 2003 07:09 Go to previous message
And
I thikn that "we are doing buy partition software "
means that your company willhave to purchase the Oracle Partition Option, because is sole separately.
Regarding your problem, you will not need to modify your sqlldr scripts. But you will have to partition your tables. After that, sqlldr will insert rows into appropiate partitions automatically.
Best luck. Email me if any trouble.
www.otools.com.ar
Previous Topic: Reg. Rollback data
Next Topic: Re: Rman problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:27:29 CDT 2024