Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Registering a database with OMS
Registering a database with OMS [message #59911] Sat, 03 January 2004 06:48 Go to next message
scott
Hi,
This never happened the first time but for some reason the new databases that I am creating are not being seen under the Databases tree when I launch my OEM using an OMS. If I launch my OEM is stand alone mode then I am able to see all my databases but not via OMS. I dont rememeber having to register newly created databases.
Is there a procedure I need to follow? Was I lucky the first time around ?

Thanks

Scott
Re: Registering a database with OMS [message #59912 is a reply to message #59911] Sat, 03 January 2004 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thiru
You will need to start the intelligent agents on each of the nodes and then Discover the nodes in OEM console after having logged into OMS.

-Thiru
Re: Registering a database with OMS [message #59913 is a reply to message #59912] Sat, 03 January 2004 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scott
Thanx Much,
I remember having done this the last time too.

Thank again

Scott
Re: Registering a database with OMS [message #59927 is a reply to message #59912] Sun, 04 January 2004 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prasad
Hi Thiru,

As Per Scott he is launching in OEM in stand alone,
if U are staring oms in standalone just by adding database to tree from tnsnames.ora will do the job,

I believe Intelligent agent is required for when U r launching OMS in full pledged mode where U want to schedule events and jobs.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks and Regards
Prasad
Re: Registering a database with OMS [message #59931 is a reply to message #59927] Sun, 04 January 2004 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thiru
Hi Prasad,
according to Scott,when he launched OEM through OMS, he couldnt see any of the databases in the tree(where it gets from the repositry), but he was able to see them when using stand alone mode(where it gets from local tnsnames.ora).

To discover the nodes(& databases,listeners etc) automatically he has to start the intelligent agents on the nodes. Once discovered,the info gets saved in the repositry.

-Thiru
Re: Registering a database with OMS [message #59933 is a reply to message #59931] Sun, 04 January 2004 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prasad
hi Thiru,

Ya I got it , Now my next question is it possible to
discover 9i nodes from 8i database. This I haven't tested yet, Since 8i Comes with both Data gatherer and Intelligent agent, whereas 9i only intelligent agent.

Regards
Prasad
Re: Registering a database with OMS [message #59948 is a reply to message #59933] Mon, 05 January 2004 07:24 Go to previous message
Thiru
You mean you want to monitor 9i databases with OEM 2.2 ?
I dont think so. OEM is usually downward compatible(ie higher version of OEM can be used to monitor lower version databases), but not the other way around.

I remember using OEM 2.2 against 8i/7.x databases and 9i OEM against 8i databases and currently use 9i OEM against 9i databases.

-Thiru
Previous Topic: tnsalias name
Next Topic: restrict no. of rows in a block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 10:35:32 CDT 2024