Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » default temporary tablespace and database properties view
default temporary tablespace and database properties view [message #60284] Fri, 30 January 2004 07:53 Go to next message
Joan

I am getting two values returns from database_properties for default temporay tablespaces.  Has anybody seen this .I have recreacted it with different one but was still showing two values

select * from v$tempfile;

FILE# CREATION_CHANGE# CREATION_ TS# RFILE# STATUS ENABLED

---------- ---------------- --------- ---------- ---------- ------- ----------

BYTES BLOCKS CREATE_BYTES BLOCK_SIZE

---------- ---------- ------------ ----------

NAME

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 0 2 1 ONLINE READ WRITE

524288000 64000 524288000 8192

/dbs02/test1/temp_std_tbl_01.dbf

select tablespace_name,contents from dba_tablespaces where contents ='TEMPORARY';

TABLESPACE_NAME CONTENTS

------------------------------ ---------

TEMP_STD_TBL TEMPORARY

SQL> select PROPERTY_NAME, PROPERTY_VALUE

2 From database_properties Where property_name = 'DEFAULT_TEMP_TABLESPACE';

PROPERTY_NAME

------------------------------

PROPERTY_VALUE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEFAULT_TEMP_TABLESPACE

TEMP_STD_TBL

DEFAULT_TEMP_TABLESPACE

TEMP_STD_TBL

Re: default temporary tablespace and database properties view [message #60289 is a reply to message #60284] Fri, 30 January 2004 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thiru
I havent come across two rows for the same property(ie DEFAULT_TEMP_TABLESPACE). What happens when you create a new temp tablespace,alter the default temporary tablepsace to that new one and drop the existing default ?

-Thiru
Re: default temporary tablespace and database properties view [message #60290 is a reply to message #60289] Fri, 30 January 2004 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joan
I noticed there two entries in props$ view which is where database_properties is getting it values from. I tried dropping and recreating it but still show two values. I am waiting to see what Oracle says. I wonder how props$ get populated and how they can avoid duplicate
Re: default temporary tablespace and database properties view [message #60291 is a reply to message #60290] Fri, 30 January 2004 11:58 Go to previous message
Thiru
Yes,its derived from props$. Let us know what Oracle says .

-Thiru
Previous Topic: analyze tables
Next Topic: Schedule to run job on the last date (monthly)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:30:44 CDT 2024