Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » hi
hi [message #60721] Sun, 29 February 2004 13:53 Go to next message
vadlamani
I posted this message earlier also,but no one replied, i restared my system & i successfully installed oracle software,but i am curious why did this error come.

hi,
when i was trying to create DB using DCA i got the
TNS-12540 -- too many onnections error
what is this error & what should i do to resiolve it.
Any help greatly appreciated.

thank you
satish

Re: hi [message #60722 is a reply to message #60721] Sun, 29 February 2004 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thiru
it basically indicates some internal limit restriction related to connections exceeded. The last time I got this error was when the number of file handles exceeded the kernel limit , preventing the listener process from spawning more dedicated server process.

Check the number of processes,number of open files and also check your free memory(ie it should have sufficient virtual memory to create a new process)... If its related to memory,try reducing the SGA size to increase free memory from which PGA is allocated.

-Thiru
Re: hi [message #60724 is a reply to message #60722] Sun, 29 February 2004 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vadlamani
Is this some thing because my SGA_MAX_SIZE value is less than the total allocated to shared pool, database buffer cache, redo buffer cache & large pool in the intialisation parameter
regards
satish
Re: hi [message #60728 is a reply to message #60724] Mon, 01 March 2004 04:45 Go to previous message
Thiru
If the SGA_MAX_SIZE specified is less than the sum of db_cache_size,shared_pool_size,log_buffer etc, it defaults to the sum of those memory areas.

-Thiru
Previous Topic: Bind Variables: only possible through Dynamic SQL (EXECUTE IMMEDIATE or DBMS_SQL)?
Next Topic: Broken DBLinks in Pooled connection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:33:45 CDT 2024