Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Applying Offline archive files
Applying Offline archive files [message #61346] Thu, 15 April 2004 20:02 Go to next message
sivakumar
Hi Friends,

We are using oracle 8 as database for our SAP 46C. I have taken the cold backup (ie, full backup) from production server and restored in to the test server, supsequently I recovered and opened the database. Now is it possible to apply the offline archive file, which is taken from production server (for example next day transactions).

Thanks & Regards

siva

Re: Applying Offline archive files [message #61350 is a reply to message #61346] Thu, 15 April 2004 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Padmanabhan
Yes,

But the control file should be latest one....

Padhu
Re: Applying Offline archive files [message #61372 is a reply to message #61350] Sun, 18 April 2004 18:13 Go to previous message
sivakumar
Thank you for your reply. I would like to get further clarification for the following points.

1. If I have only cold backup of yesterday and I have today’s archive logs. Now my system down and HD is not accessible. In this scenario How do I recover the db? & Is it required me to take the backup of control file whenever I take archive log backup?

2. In the above scenario if I have only online backup? How to recover

Please advice

Tanks & Regards

siva
Previous Topic: database link
Next Topic: SIZE OF TABLES IN TABLESPACE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 14:29:54 CDT 2024