Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » /u/oracle9/admin/sermon/bdump/.trc file problem
/u/oracle9/admin/sermon/bdump/.trc file problem [message #62061] Wed, 23 June 2004 02:44 Go to next message
J Hudson Jebakumar
Sir,

I have linux7.1 and oracle9i. The problem is the  file with extention .trc is being created ate /u/oracle9/admin/sermon/bdump/..trc and is increasing quickly and there by the file system for /u is reaching 100%.

How to stop the increasing bytes of .trc files in /u/oracle9/admin/bdump/.trc files..

Expecting your solution.
Re: /u/oracle9/admin/sermon/bdump/.trc file problem [message #62064 is a reply to message #62061] Wed, 23 June 2004 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anatol Ciolac
At first write what information is in this traces. See also if you have any new .trc files un your /u/oracle9/admin/sermon/udump/ directory and also see what are writed in.
Re: /u/oracle9/admin/sermon/bdump/.trc file problem [message #62065 is a reply to message #62061] Wed, 23 June 2004 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ken Jones
Hi,

These files can be read by using tkprof (read up on it).
If there are many of these *.trc files being produced then it suggests that you have SQL_TRACE = TRUE. All transactions in the database will be written to udump. This may explain why your partition is filling up quickly. Please check this.

SQL> show parameter SQL_TRACE

If this is TRUE then that explains the problems. You will have to change in the init.ora file:-

SQL_TRACE = FALSE

and then bounce the server.

Hope this helps,

Ken.
Re: /u/oracle9/admin/sermon/bdump/.trc file problem [message #62066 is a reply to message #62065] Wed, 23 June 2004 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ken Jones
Correction:-

Bounce the database, not the server
Re: /u/oracle9/admin/sermon/bdump/.trc file problem [message #62118 is a reply to message #62061] Fri, 25 June 2004 16:13 Go to previous message
Thomas Anderson
It's very simple. You do your "home cleaning" every N days. As this script does it for me every day:

======================================================

#!/bin/ksh
#
# dailymon.ksh
#
# Clean up old oracle trace and audit file
#
# 08/14/03 - Thomas Anderson- created

DBA_EMAIL='email@yahoo.com'
HOST_NAME=`hostname | cut -d. -f1`

. ~/.bash_profile

echo "Deleting the following trace/log files older than 30 days ..."
/usr/bin/find ${ORACLE_ADMIN}/bdump -name "*.trc" -mtime +30 -exec ls -l {} ;
/usr/bin/find ${ORACLE_ADMIN}/udump -name "*.trc" -mtime +30 -exec ls -l {} ;
/usr/bin/find ${ORACLE_ADMIN}/bdump -name cdmp* -mtime +30 -exec ls -l {} ;
/usr/bin/find ${ORACLE_ADMIN}/udump -name cdmp* -mtime +30 -exec ls -l {} ;
/usr/bin/find ${ORACLE_HOME}/rdbms/audit -name "*.aud" -mtime +30 -exec ls -l {} ;

echo
/usr/bin/find ${ORACLE_ADMIN}/bdump -name "*.trc" -mtime +30 -exec rm {} ;
/usr/bin/find ${ORACLE_ADMIN}/udump -name "*.trc" -mtime +30 -exec rm {} ;
/usr/bin/find ${ORACLE_ADMIN}/bdump -name cdmp* -mtime +30 -exec rm -r {} ;
/usr/bin/find ${ORACLE_ADMIN}/udump -name cdmp* -mtime +30 -exec rm -r {} ;
/usr/bin/find ${ORACLE_HOME}/rdbms/audit -name "*.aud" -mtime +30 -exec rm -f {} ;

/bin/mail -s "Daily Monitor for ${HOST_NAME}-${ORACLE_SID} completed at `date` " ${DBA_EMAIL} <<!
See the results in /home/oracle/scripts/oracle/dailymon.log
!

exit

======================================================

Hope that helps,

clio_usa - 8/8i/9i OCP DBA

Oracle DBA Resources | Oracle DBA Forums & Usenet Newsgroups
Previous Topic: i have lost all of controlfile .how do i recover.
Next Topic: Oracle 9i vs 8i: Locally/Dictionary Managed Tablespace?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 18:13:22 CDT 2024