Home » Infrastructure » Linux » post-install configuration
post-install configuration [message #99147] Tue, 31 August 2004 23:17 Go to next message
zhebin cong
hello
i install the oracle10g on redhat9 box,JUST finish the installation,i open the Terminal windows,type ¨sqlplus¨ command,linux tell me ¨commnd not found¨. i guest the installer don´t set the env variable(in windows operating system,the installer automatically set the path variable during the install procedure).i can SUCCESSFULLY access the browser console of em and isqlplus.

but after i restart the redhat,the browser can´t access both of em and isqlplus(connection reset).when i telnet the 5500 and 5560 port,i found that they haven´t be open.and i suspect that the oracle database haven´t been automatically started.
question 1:how can i MANUALLY start oracle after i restart the linux?
question 2:how can i config the oracle after the install to make it work perminently?or what is the post-install configuration task?
Re: post-install configuration [message #99148 is a reply to message #99147] Tue, 31 August 2004 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam
hi,
actually u can write a automatic script for starting oracle database.and for permanent settings of path variables , add them in .bash_profile file in ur home directory.
for more information about post-installation,
just type post-installation of oracle in linux in google and u will get documents regarding that..
Re: post-install configuration [message #99152 is a reply to message #99148] Wed, 01 September 2004 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zhebin cong
hello
in windows version of oracle,the universal installer can AUTOMATICALLY set up the environment variable,why my linux version can´t,is it my fault?
i mean if the linux installation must MANUALLY set up the evvironment variable?
Re: post-install configuration [message #99153 is a reply to message #99152] Wed, 01 September 2004 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel Kingshott
The reason the OUI doesn't set environment variables under linux is simple, given the nature of linux and the differences between distributions it would unwise of oracle to make generic changes. Given that the average linux user has a bit more savvy than a windows admin it's generally assumed they know how / where to setup environment variables. If you follow the EXCELLENT tutorial posted on this site: http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/37450/0/

you'll have all the info you require to get going.

hth,

dan.

[Updated on: Fri, 18 February 2005 23:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: post-install configuration [message #99155 is a reply to message #99153] Thu, 02 September 2004 00:59 Go to previous message
zhebincong
thanks for your helps
it works.
Previous Topic: manually delete oracle10g from linux
Next Topic: dbca fail for Oracle9i Release 9.2 or Linux 9
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:19:44 CDT 2024