Home » Infrastructure » Linux » Unable to find disk 2. Installation cannot continue.
Unable to find disk 2. Installation cannot continue. [message #99236] Wed, 24 November 2004 02:38
Mauricio de A. R.
RDBMS Version: 9.2.0
Operating System and Version: Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike)

Unable to find disk 2. Installation cannot continue.

Hello, I have been trying to install Oracle 9i Release 2 into a Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike) machine with no success. The installer hangs with "Unable to find disk 2. Installation cannot continue." even if it is configured in the .rsp file the parameters that specify the path to the other disks.

In some posts I found here (in metalink) there were references to 2 different variable names: FROM_LOCATION_DISK2 or LOCATION_FOR_DISK2 and FROM_LOCATION_DISK3 or LOCATION_FOR_DISK3. Both were set. Parameter FROM_LOCATION_CD_LABEL were also set with value "orcl920" (from the disk.label) and the names of the directories where the install disks where extracted have names like Disk1, Disk2 and Disk3. (I saw in the documentation that if the parameters of the other disks, 2 and 3, were not set in the response file, the installer would look for directories named Disk2 and Disk3 in directories 2 or 3 levels above products.jar, which is located in a subdirectory of Disk1).

I know this is not a certified combination of OS+DB but itīs just a test DB and wonīt be put in production and even this config wonīt be put in production in any site but itīs strange that a certification problem could raise an error in this level (what I would expect are linking and dependencies errors and not the impossibility of finding the install disks that are in the same file system and even specified by the parameters).

Is there another way to specify the location of these disks? Through a comand line parameter of the installer, for example, an enviroment variable or even other parameters in different files....

Thanks in advance.

Mauricio.
Previous Topic: SQL Plus error
Next Topic: Forms 6i installation on Mandrake 10.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:27:47 CDT 2024