Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Very Urgent!...
Very Urgent!... [message #118661] Fri, 06 May 2005 14:29 Go to next message
David Shenoda
Hello:
I have a web application that requires user's login UID/PWD. The table DBA_USERS has the login info UID/PWD that we need, but the PWD is in Hex or Encrypted. How can I compare the user's PWD entered through the web app with the Encrypted PWD at the DBA_USERS table?

Can anyone help me please

Thanks;
Re: Very Urgent!... [message #118679 is a reply to message #118661] Fri, 06 May 2005 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kapil2005
I guess you cannot use that table to validate uid/pswd you would have to use your own table and use your own encryption key and use triggers and stored procedures (packages) to validate. do research in asktom.oracle.com

[Updated on: Fri, 06 May 2005 16:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Very Urgent!... [message #118714 is a reply to message #118679] Sat, 07 May 2005 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tycoonajayverma

Hi
with ur application u can compair the only username not the password, if u want to compair it then u have to use the same algo on the password which is used by oracle. or u use ur own table which has the username and the password and those users are created from application end only not from the database end otherwise no use......

In oracle the username is unique u can use it.
any futher detail u can reply it...

Thanks

[Updated on: Sat, 07 May 2005 04:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Very Urgent!... [message #118745 is a reply to message #118714] Sat, 07 May 2005 14:54 Go to previous message
girish.rohini
Re: urgent help!!! Sat, 07 May 2005 00:56
David Shenoda
Hello:
I have a web application that requires user's login UID/PWD. The table DBA_USERS has the login info UID/PWD that we need, but the PWD is in Hex or Encrypted. How can I compare the user's PWD entered through the web app with the Encrypted PWD at the DBA_USERS table?

Can anyone help me please

Thanks;

[Updated on: Sat, 07 May 2005 00:57]

DBA_USERS shows you all Oracle users. These may/may not be your application users.

Also when u connect to Oracle using any of these Oracle users (as displayed by DBA_USERS), from your web application, the connection will fail if the uid/pwd is incorrect. U will get error in connection itself.

If the application users are not oracle users and u want authentication to happen via Oracle only, in that case one way is to store the uid/pwd in one separate table and use this table for authentication purpose.
Previous Topic: distructive user on my database....what should i do?
Next Topic: Password Exipies soon..
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:16:22 CDT 2024