Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Pushing data securely outside firewall
Pushing data securely outside firewall [message #128022] Thu, 14 July 2005 12:39
mtopas
Is there any feature in Oracle that pushes data from one server to another across a firewall without requiring a handshake return activity. The DBA's and Security folks at my client say that DBLinking opens the door from the outside server to the inside server and that Replication would likewise require a handshake with the caller. I'm assuming the same would be true of a trigger. Essentially we're trying to just copy for view purposes only a daily basis, data from several tables across different databases. Currently a crude method is being used to just extract the data into xml using a scheduled activity (via a Cold Fusion scripted page). The xml data is then ftp'd beyond the firewall to the other server. The target table data is first deleted and then the xml is parsed and inserted into the tables appropriately. I'm looking for a better solution. I can certainly use a load utility to speed the truncation and insertion of data.

[Updated on: Thu, 14 July 2005 12:40]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: HELP Please
Next Topic: User without DROP table privilege
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:52:02 CDT 2024