Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Row has updated or deleted
Row has updated or deleted [message #152476] Fri, 23 December 2005 07:32 Go to next message
sunil_mahajan26
I have one table upr which conains the information of user
like user_id,passwd and so on . This table is used by our application to authenticate the application user. I got one problem in it. Someone from sql has deleted the row for user 'abc' and now he is not able to login from application.
I wanna know which user had done that and at what time.

One method I already know is 'LOGMINER' Is there any other way thru which I can find out this

Help me
I am very thankful
Re: Row has updated or deleted [message #152481 is a reply to message #152476] Fri, 23 December 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tarundua

If the AUDITING was enabled on that table then you can otherwise you cant.

But for future use you can enable auditing, look into manuals for Database Auditing.
Re: Row has updated or deleted [message #152483 is a reply to message #152481] Fri, 23 December 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunil_mahajan26
Auditing was not enabled .
First If the audiditng is enabled then what is the procedurte to check it.

Secondly we r having views v$session and v$sqlarea can we not able to check thru these views

Regards
Sunil
Re: Row has updated or deleted [message #152485 is a reply to message #152483] Fri, 23 December 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tarundua
@Sunil

Better to read the documentation related to Auditing , thats the best place to start off.
then depending on the auditing type;
TYPE Place to look into
OS level -- File name mentioned
DB level -- AUD$, and other related views

And i suppose V$session , V$SQL holds information regarding what is happening presently not what had happened earlier.

Re: Row has updated or deleted [message #152488 is a reply to message #152485] Fri, 23 December 2005 08:06 Go to previous message
sunil_mahajan26
Thanks Tarun I will definitely read the documentation and then come back for further discussion

Previous Topic: authentication methods
Next Topic: set Expiry Date of user password
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:05:00 CDT 2024