Home » RDBMS Server » Security » urgent...how do i give grant to another user through a role
urgent...how do i give grant to another user through a role [message #18557] Tue, 05 February 2002 07:37 Go to next message
ksr
Hi,
I have 2 users user1 and test.
i have created a procedure called procuser1 in user1 .

Now i have created a role called role1.
i have given the following grants.
grant role1 to test;
grant execute on procuser1 to test;

Now i connect to test user and try to say execute user1.procuser1.
it gives me the error that "identifier 'user1.procuser1' must be declared

How do i execute this procedure through test user.
Re: urgent...how do i give grant to another user through a role [message #18564 is a reply to message #18557] Tue, 05 February 2002 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant
You cannot grant execute on a procedure through a role. revoke "grant execute" from the role and grant "excute" to the test1 user from user1 schema.
Privileges granted via role are disabled inside stored procedures. See MetaLink.
Re: urgent...how do i give grant to another user through a role [message #18609 is a reply to message #18557] Thu, 07 February 2002 06:26 Go to previous message
Vasea
I don't understand what is the problem :If u are granted:
grant execute on procuser1 to test;
and this was succesfull - it means that user test CAN execute procuser1 and problem , possible , that you are write some incorrect . I maked this set of commands , but don't has got error.At least , see yet once in wording of you problem.
Regards!
Previous Topic: When does a password expire?
Next Topic: passwordfile security
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 05:13:33 CDT 2024